Adam Couple has had their final episode on “We Got Married”.
Yesterday Adam Couple parted on their final episode. Although they did not stop smiling till the end, their effort to keep calm looked sadder instead. Shall I say I felt that although outwardly they were smiling, it seemed like they were crying inside?
Anyway they were fully known as a couple at Shim Shim Ta Pa a year ago (they released ‘WFIL’ at that time) and yesterday they announced their final recording at the same radio show. Jo Kwon and Ga In cried as they delivered the announcement as there were so many things flashing through their minds. Sister in law, JeA and Park Mi Sun who watched the episode together also shed tears.
Apparently Jo Kwon and Ga In couldn’t get used to the idea… It’s quite sad to see how they kept denying the reality with comments like “I couldn’t feel anything”, “I want to fail this mission”, etc. Anyhow today Jo Kwon and Ga In went back from Adam Couple to merely Jo Kwon and Ga In. So what do you say if we take a look at some of their scenes together?
1. Cheerful first meeting and the beginning of their married life
Adam Couple had been unique since their first meeting. Unlike the other couple, Jo Kwon wore a mongoose mask and roused Ga In’s curiosity. Then as soon as he showed his “Abracadabra” dance, it’s known at once that he was indeed Jo Kwon.
That was how their married life began. The fact that they were given a container box as a house at the beginning, differentiated them from other couples, and they created a concept of comical “hardship and adversity”.
2. First honeymoon trip - Jo Kwon’s “Oh Bang Shil” incident
For their first honeymoon trip this couple was indeed faced with “hardship and adversity”. It was supposed to be a beautiful outing on bikes, but the honeymoon trip was ruined because of the extremely bad weather.
At that time they gradually got closer and shared some heart-to-heart talks at a sauna. Then they talked about their pasts and the name “Oh Bang Shil” popped up. Because of Jo Kwon’s Oh Bang Shil incident, Ga In started to show her push-and-pull strategy. Was that the beginning of the push-and-pull strategy by Ga In, who pretended not to care but actually cared?
Then there were many speculations about who Jo Kwon’s “Oh Bang Shil” was. The candidates included Wonder Girls’ Sun Mi, 4Minute’s Hyun Ah and After School’s Raina.
3. First duet song WFIL
Jo Kwon’s first ever #1 song was not “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die”, but the duet song with Ga In “We Fell In Love”. That was when Adam Couple started to shine. Since they recorded and performed WFIL together, now they were not simply Adam Couple, but they were also recognized as “National Couple”.
4. Ga In’s chocolate kiss
Ga In was the one who gave a lesson to Jo Kwon who always wanted to do skinship but never had the courage to do so. Jo Kwon always wanted to do skinship, but then he couldn’t do it… Ga In smeared some chocolate on her lips and “kissed” Jo Kwon first, to hint that Jo Kwon could get closer. After that their other skinship felt more natural.
5. Move to a new house
We are not sure whether it has some big meaning or not, but we can say that because of Adam Couple WGM achieved success so the production team “compensated” them. They did not only give a place to relax for the Adam Couple, but it was also to remind people of Adam Couple’s seniority. It’s not an exaggeration to say that they got the best house in the history of WGM.
6. Ga In and Jo Kwon’s first kiss
Finally the kiss that viewers were hoping for came true. Of course everyone considered it as the turning point. Anyway, it was the most highlighted(?) skinship that could be done in WGM and Ga In was the one who did it first. After that it felt that Ga In and Jo Kwon slightly changed. Shall we say that Ga In became more feminine and Jo Kwon became manlier…? There were not many couple that capture such a big kiss scene like them.
7. Ghostbusting Adam Couple
Despite the very pathetic WGM horror episode, the one who made it fun was Adam Couple. That was the most important reason why Adam Couple got so much love. Even though the horror episode was lame, Adam Couple managed to bring some fun into it and therefore established themselves as a couple with the best entertainment sense.
8. Jo Kwon’s touching event for the New Year
Before they left the show, Jo Kwon sang a song in the middle of cold weather and conveyed a warm lyrics for Ga In, which eventually touched Ga In’s heart. Many viewers also cried watching the scene.
Adam Couple did not change until the end… The fact that they maintained their true selves and kept showing emotional things till the end was beautiful.
9. Jo Kwon’s touching last event
Although it was the same event done by Ga In, although it was not creative… it was all about Jo Kwon’s feelings and I think it was not only Ga In who was deeply touched, but also all the viewers. Just like they said that they were “forever Adam Couple” in viewers’ hearts, Ga In is always on Jo Kwon’s side and Jo Kwon is always on Ga In’s side.
Yesterday they had their final episode and left the show. But although they left WGM, it is not easy to erase Adam Couple from our minds. Of course when time passes by and we may forget some things, but just like how people still remember couples from the 1st season such as “Ant Couple”, “Lettuce Couple”, and “AlShin Couple”, every time people watch WGM they will always think of “Adam Couple” as the best couple in WGM.
We do not know what the future holds, but I think there will never be another couple like Adam Couple who have unique personalities, who can make you laugh and move you at the same time, who don’t have any antis and whom people wish to date for real, and who surpasses the boundary of make-believe and reality.
They have been through a lot in WGM… I will remember them as the best couple in WGM. Although it is sad that we cannot see them in WGM anymore, but because they will each present themselves in their separate activities, I hope they will receive much more love.
Perhaps we can wait and see how WGM changed Jo Kwon and Ga In.
TRANSLATION by suzelle@IAMfor2AM - 2AM International Forum
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE ARTICLE OUT WITHOUT CREDITING.
- flow-e-r likes this
- iamelt-avebubbly reblogged this from 2amfacts
- iamelt-avebubbly likes this
- bungeebabyg likes this
- paolaaabs likes this
- bungeebabyg reblogged this from 2amfacts
- lifecanbeweird reblogged this from 2amfacts
- taeminsjuliette- reblogged this from snowballellycalo
- snowballellycalo reblogged this from 2amfacts
- delicatexdaisies reblogged this from 2amfacts
- boajjangjjang reblogged this from 2amfacts
- kkabaddiction reblogged this from just4adams
- alwaysjester891219 reblogged this from 2amfacts
- kaipanda-sal likes this
- tinnethea likes this
- ng0kcat reblogged this from kwonkhunbiased
- mrskwonnie reblogged this from joinislove
- starryisoutofhouse reblogged this from joinislove and added:
- wongcheukkei likes this
- awesomecrystal reblogged this from 2amfacts
- jungaheyesmile reblogged this from kwonkhunbiased
- jungaheyesmile likes this
- inlovewithem36 reblogged this from kwonkhunbiased
- kwonkhunbiased reblogged this from iamsheenamarie
- kwonkhunbiased likes this
- lovism reblogged this from 2amfacts
- everylittledreamcomestrue likes this
- redheartswither likes this
- mellifluously reblogged this from 2amfacts
- deldubuwook reblogged this from 2amdaebak
- deldubuwook likes this
- iamsheenamarie reblogged this from just4adams
- argeee reblogged this from 2amfacts
- mellifluously likes this
- 2amdaebak reblogged this from kwonxgain
- kwonxgain reblogged this from 2amfacts
- showluozhixiang likes this
- kellyxiaozhu likes this
- iknowudontbelieveme reblogged this from joinislove
- hiddenrainbow reblogged this from leaderjokwon
- hiddenrainbow likes this
- inoraeee reblogged this from joinislove
- czari24 reblogged this from 2amfacts and added:
- czari24 likes this
- i-love-friday reblogged this from 2amfacts
- joinislove reblogged this from 2amfacts
- electricheartz likes this
- eisabella reblogged this from 2amfacts
- eisabella likes this
- joinislove likes this